The COVID-19 situation has undoubtedly changed the way we live. More than just a health crisis, its impact threatens livelihoods and the very fabric of society.
Already, Singapore’s economy has contracted 2.2% year-on-year in 2020 Q1 – the worst showing since the global financial crisis in 2009.
With stop-work orders, closures, layoffs and other restrictions imposed, jobs and workers in many industries have been feeling the pinch.
But lest we begin to feel disheartened, it is encouraging to know that there are many ways to equip ourselves to meet the challenges. Check out our compilation on support, relief and self-improvement channels to help you cope with the current situation, while planning ahead for the long term.
Click on each point below for more details.
- Covid-19 relief, grants, funds and packages
- Freelancers and Self-employed persons SEP Income Relief Scheme (SIRS)
- CPF Matched Retirement Savings Scheme
- ComCare Assistance for low-income individuals/families
- Public Assistance for disabled and elderly who are unable to work: Apply at your CDC in your district
- CDAC assistance schemes
- SINDA assistance schemes
- MUIS Zakat assistance schemes and programmes
- H.E.A.R.T. @ NorthEast – Short-term assistance for NorthEast CDC residents
- NorthWest CDC – Programmes assisting the needy
- SGUnited Traineeships Programme & SGUnited Jobs Initiative for those affected by Covid-19 situation
- Adapt & Grow Career Matching Services
- Skills Development Fund for individuals
- NTUC Education & Training Fund
- Virtual Career Fair (includes #SGUnited jobs)
Children’s Education Assistance
- KidSTART Programme to support low-income parents with child development
- Child Care and Infant Care Subsidy, Kindergarten Fee Assistance Programme (KiFAS)
- MOE Financial Assistance
- Financial Assistance for Institutes of Higher Learning
Earn passive income
- Singapore Savings Bonds
- Stock investment through blue-chip companies or Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Invest with Supplementary Retirement Scheme
- Learn about investing with 8Vic Global. Sign up for masterclass.
- Grow online income streams through:
– Affiliate Marketing (Learn how)
– Youtube (Learn how)
– Instagram (Learn how)
– Facebook (Learn how)
– TikTok (Learn how)
– Google (Learn how)
– LinkedIn (Learn how)
– Other ways (Learn how)
- Workforce Skills Qualification (WSQ)
- NTUC Learninghub
- Lessons Go Where
- The Knowledge Academy
- SIM Executive Programmes
- NTU short courses
- ULeap bite-sized courses